Quantity: 1 available
- Since Jon Stewart took over The Daily Show in 1999, its ratings have soared and it now beats CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News among young adults in its time slot. In 2003, the show won two Emmy Awards and two Television Critics Association Awards. In 2001, the show won a writing Emmy and a Peabody for its 2000 election coverage.
- Jon Stewart is the author of the national bestseller, Naked Pictures of Famous People (Rob Weisbach Books, 1998). He is a media favorite and has been featured in such publications as the New York Times, Newsweek, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Entertainment Weekly and Rolling Stone.
- America (The Book) features lavish color illustrations, photographs, drawings, and charts.
- The book is timed to coincide with the height of the 2004 presidential election campaign, when public demand for political satire will be at its height.
- Available as a Time Warner AudioBook.
Title: America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction
Edition: 10th Printing.
Publisher: NY, Warner Books: 2004
ISBN Number: 0446532681
ISBN Number 13: 9780446532686
Binding: Glossy Boards
Book Condition: Very Good +
Jacket Condition: No Jacket
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 010365
Description: 227 pp. numerous color photos, graphics, charts. With foldout chart of "The Shadow Government." School property stamping on front inside cover. No other markings. Lightly read. A satirical look at American government as explained by comedian Jon Stewart of The Daily Show. Size: 4to -- 10,5 in Tall
Keywords: HUMOR. CURRENT EVENTS. POLITICS. US GOVERNMENT. THE DAILY SHOW. TELEVISION